Tort Claims Lawyers Toronto – Neinstein Personal Injury Lawyers
Mass Tort & Negligence
If you have been in a car accident and wish to pursue a claim against the at-fault driver for pain and suffering, your injuries must reach a certain threshold. According to the automobile legislation, you are allowed to sue if you have suffered:
- Permanent serious disfigurement (i.e., scarring); or
- Permanent serious impairment of an important physical, mental or psychological function
- You can also sue if the accident results in the death of a family member.
Any damage award you receive for pain and suffering is subject to a $30,000.00 deductible. Any damages received in excess of $100,000.00 for pain and suffering is not subject to the $30,000.00 deductible. Importantly, you can also sue for lost income, future lost income, impairment of your ability to earn income, loss of competitive advantage in the work-place, some out of pocket expenses and business losses without meeting the threshold. These claims are not subject to the $30,000.00 deductible.
Important Tort Claim Steps To Preserve Your Right To Sue
- Formal written notice of your intention to proceed with a claim against the at-fault driver should be given to that driver and his or her insurance company within 120 days of the accident.
- You must provide the at-fault driver’s insurance company with medical and economic information in support of your claim. You may also be required to sign a sworn statement about your circumstances of the accident and your injuries. Any information given in a sworn statement should be reviewed by a lawyer.
- Injured persons must apply for accident benefits and complete all of the application forms correctly (accident benefits will be discussed below).
- There is a distinction between economic losses before trial or settlement and economic losses after trial or settlement. Pre-trial income loss is paid at a rate of 80 percent of your net income. Post-trial income is paid at 100 percent of gross. It is important to move cases forward quickly to maximize your recovery. The value of seeking legal advice after an accident is obvious.
- There is a two-year period from the date of the accident within which you must commence an action against the at-fault driver. If you do nothing, you may lose your right to sue.
- You can force the insurance company of the at-fault driver to mediate your case before proceeding to trial. This is to encourage early settlement.
Have you received a hernia mesh that causes you pain and suffering? Don’t wait to contact Neinstein Personal Injury Lawyers team of experienced personal injury lawyers to assist you in receiving compensation for your pain and suffering.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Fabio Longo and his team, for there sincerity and support through out the years after having a car accident back in September 2008.
Fabio was there every step of they way, Fabio is an exceptional, professional and fabulous lawyer. He helped my family and I through a very stressful period in my life.
Fabio not only closed my Tort case but he was involved in my AB case. Both cases settled in the same week. I would highly recommend Fabio’s services to friends and family as I am extremely satisfied with the service provided by both Fabio and his assistant Grace.
Unfortunate accidents happen every day; and when they do, lives can change in an instant. At Neinstein Personal Injury Lawyers, our Toronto personal injury lawyers will help you get the settlement you need so you can get your life back on track. We pride ourselves on working closely with our clients to help them through the entire healing process.
With over 45 years’ experience in the field of personal injury, our lawyers have handled many different cases, including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, slip and fall injuries, accident benefits claims, product liability, dog bites and wrongful death cases. Our winning case record has made us one of Canada’s Top 10 boutique Personal Injury Lawyers, according to Canadian Lawyer Magazine, and we’re immensely proud of the success we’ve achieved for our clients.
Your Well-Being is Our First Priority
Our clients’ well-being is our first priority. As seasoned personal injury lawyers, we understand that every case is unique. Your injury is about more than just the physical implications; it is about the impact on your life and work, your family
As accident attorneys, we don’t expect you to be experts in the legal system; that’s where we step in. Not only do our Toronto personal injury lawyers customize our approach based
We’re a family-run firm of personal injury lawyers, which means you have our undivided attention. Accident attorneys at larger law firms don’t have the opportunity to work as closely with their clients as we do. Our dedicated personal injury lawyers work to ensure that every possible corner of your case has been explored.
We Offer Toronto Personal Injury Lawyer Services at No Charge until Your Case is Successfully Resolved
Accessing compensation for your personal injury is key to rebuilding your life after an accident, so you can pay medical bills and look after your family. We believe that the upfront and hourly legal fees required by some Toronto personal injury attorneys create an unnecessary financial burden in challenging times. A Neinstein Personal Injury Lawyers personal injury lawyer will not charge you for their services until they’ve won your case and you have received the highest possible compensation.
Accident Attorney Services
At Neinstein Personal Injury Lawyers, our services are provided by our team of Toronto personal injury lawyers. We deal with many different types of personal injury claims; if a car accident or spinal cord injury turns your life upside down, we’ll do our best to ease the stress that arises in the aftermath. Even if you are at fault for a motor vehicle accident causing personal injury, our lawyers are available to hear your case.
Some of the expertise areas that our Toronto team of personal injury lawyers practices are:
- Brain and Spinal Injury Claims
- Motor Vehicle Accident Benefits
- Accident Benefits Claims
- Slip and Fall Claims
Getting you the help you deserve.
When people are injured, most often they are unable to work and during these times, cash flow can become an enormous burden on the victim and their families. We recognize that our clients are suffering and are under enormous financial stress. That is why we use the contingency fee arrangement. Under this arrangement, the client is not required to pay any fees or expenses unless the case is successful. If the client does not recover any monies from the lawsuit, there will be no legal fees.
Organizations we support